Samuel A. B. Mercer writes saying that "there is no separate sign for L. In order to represent a foreign L, Egyptians used N or R. Final R was sometimes slurred to A, and sometimes disappeared, but it often apperaed as RA." [1, p. 5]. Yet in another page, the same author identifies the Masarian "hand" sign, , as "ELL" [item 60, on p. 153 of Ref. 1]. I see this as a contradiction and in this paper, I will demonstrate that the Masarian sign is actually the Masarian "L" sign. First of all, this Masarian sign , , is physically an "L" shape. Secondly, linguists familiar with Turkish would know that this sign is called "EL" in Turkish. Coincidentally, the English letter "L" is also pronounced as "EL". But Samuel A. B. Mercer goes to the trouble of alienating the Masarian sign from Turkish by adding another "L" to its transliteration, thus making the phonetic value of the Masarian sign as "ELL", [item 60, on p. 153 of Ref. 1]. It is not clear why Mercer did not read it as "EL" instead of "ELL". After all, aren't they both pronounced the same? This supposed missing letter L from the ancient Masarian language looks suspiciously like an effort to hide the Turanian identity of the so-called "Egyptian" language. It shows how much artificial animosity some groups are capable of generating against the Turks - when it comes to identifying something as Turkic. Not because the Turks have done anything wrong to them, but because they know that the ancestors of the Tur/Turk/Oguz peoples gave civilization to the world. Otherwise, why could they not admit that the word "EL" is Turkish and that the ancient Masarian symbol was known as "EL" at that time? I have shown and verified that the ancient Masarian language was Turkish - contrary to denials. [2, http://polatkaya.net/Part-3_Masar_Turkish-1.html].
As an example, if the letter L was suppressed from present day Turkish words, the words with the suppressed letter "L" in them would not sound Turkish anymore Such intentional alteration would make the words of this language lose their Turkish identity. Similarly, applying a letter "L" omission to the ancient Masarian language would also alienate ancient Masarian words containing the letter "L" from their original identity - that is, if they happened to be Turkish. This, in turn, would make these words unrecognizeable as Turkish. So, while the original language may have been Turkish, its presentation would appear totally different and unrelated to Turkish. As a result, the ancient Masarian civilization would be intentionally distanced from its Turanian Tur/Turk/Oguz identity by use deception. Thus, these ancient Masarian Tur/Turk/Oguz peoples would be easily changed into so-called "Gypsy EGYPTIANS". And, this ancient Turanian civilization of the Tur/Turk/Oguz peoples that lasted for at least six thousands years - would instantly be transferred from the Tur/Turk/Oguz peoples to the Gypsies. Of course, this is not only stealing the ancient civilization of Turanians, but also erasing the presence of Turanians from history. This can hardly be called truthful science.
Now I will give a list of ancient so-called "Egyptian" words that should have been read with the letter "L" rather than without it. The hieroglyphic sign is given a phonetic value of ā, by "egyptologists". In actuality, this hieroglyphic sign, should have the values of: l, al, el, il, ol, ül, la, le, li, lo, lu, ala, ele, and other such combinations as needed.
1. The hieroglyphic writings, , and , have been transliterated as "ā,", meaning "the forearm, the hand, the prominent part of a thing", [3, p. 105a]. These are just definitions in English to avoid calling the sign "EL". Yet, if the Turkishness of this ancient language was frankly admitted, the transliterated reading of would be "L-1", and read in Turkish as "aL BIR" meaning "the Red One" - which is the name of the Sky-God "AL", as in "ALLAH". Secondly the sign would be transliterated as "L", and read in Turkish as "EL" meaning "hand", and "KOL" meaning "the forearm". Thus, it can be said with confidence that this transliteration by Sir Wallis Budge is incorrect.
2. The hieroglyphic writings, , , , have been transliterated as "āui" meaning "the two forearms, the two hands", [3, p. 105b]. But the first two words, separated by commas, can be transliterated as "2-L" and read in Turkish as "iki KOL" meaning "two forearms", and "iki EL" meaning "two hands". Thus we have perfect correspondence without translation into "English". But, the transliterated word "äui" does not reflect this correspondence because, the letter "L" has been omitted in the word.
3. The hieroglyphic writing, , has been transliterated as "ā-t" meaning "bank of river", [3, p. 106a]. But , if the letter "L" was not omitted from this Masarian word, it could be transliterated as "AL-T-ÖY" meaning "a house on the river bank". And this could be read in Turkish as "yALiTa-ÖY" (YALIDA ÖY) meaning "it is riverbank house". Turkish "YALI" means "house on the riverbank". The Masarian sign is unquestionably a representation of a house or a room or a chamber.
4. The hieroglyphic writing, , has been transliterated as "ā-t" meaning "chamber, house, palace, temple", [3, p. 106a]. Yet with the letter "L" inserted, this could be transliterated as "L-ÖY" and read in Turkish as "AL ÖY" meaning "red house", red chamber, red room, red palace, red temple". Turkish AL means "Red", ÖY means chamber, house, palace, temple" - which are all a form of "house". Turkish "AL ÖY" (AL EV) meaning "red house"refers to a house that normally has a "red roof". Such houses when observed from the top, appear as red houses. Wearing red clothing, even painting skin in red, wearing red head-band or head-cover and painting house door in red and using red painted colums are very ancient symbols indicating "SUN" belief/worship. Turkish "ALÖY" (ALEV) means "flame, fire" and is a name for the SUN" which is a red-hot fire.
5. bā, written hieroglyphically as , meaning "to shine, to give light, splendour", [3, 212b]. This is a description of the sun which is evident by the sun symbol - which is also an "eye" symbol, that is, "GÖZ" in Turkish.
= B; but it could also be Be, Ba, eB, aB, aBa, eBe, and other vowel combinations.
= ā; but it could also be l, al, el, il, ol, ül, la, le, li, lo, lu, ala, ele, and other vowel combinations.
The hieroglyphic writing given as can be and should be read as "aBA AL GÜN" meaning "Father Red Sun" which is a correct description of the creator Sun-god in Turkish. The sign is also Turkish "GÖZ" (eye) and "KÖZ" (glowing red fire) as the sun is. Of course it is the Sun that "shines", "gives light" and "gives splendour". Thus, there has been a denial of the presence of the letter "L" in these Masarian words. Turkish ABA (APA) means "father", AL (KIZIL) means "red" and also "golden", GÜN means "sun, day" , and GÖZ means "Sun" or "eye".
6. The transliterated word bā, written hieroglyphically as , is given as meaning "to shine, to be bright", [3, p. 212b]. This definition, that is, being bright and shining, is nothing but the prime attribution of the SUN. The correct reading of this hieroglyphic writing should have been, as in Turkish,
a) "aBa-aL-GÖZ" (APA AL GÖZ) meaning "Father Red Eye" referring to the Sky-God and the Sun-God;
b) "aBa-aL-KÖZ" (APA AL KÖZ) meaning "Father Glowing Red Fire" referring to the Sun;
c) also "aBa-aLa-GÖZ" (APA ALA GÖZ) meaning "Father spotted Eye" which refers to the Sky-God and the Moon-God. These defnitions also refer to MAN and his Eye - which can "shine" and which can be"bright".
It must also be noted that this hieroglyphic writing , transliterated as bā, is also the word "BAAL" which has wrongly been attributed to the Semites. Since the Semites were the "WIND-GOD" believers and followers, this hieroglyphic writing can be read in Turkish as "ABA YEL GÖZ" meaning"Father Wind Eye" which refers to the "eye" of a hurricane and/or a tornado. Turkish YEL means "Wind", APA (ABA, BABA) means "father, grandfather, old man".
7. The transliterated word bā, also written hieroglyphically as , means "name of a god", [3, p. 212b]. Again this would be read in Turkish as"aBA AL TANRI" meaning "Father Red Sky-God" which is a correct description of the creator Sky-God and the Sun-god in Turkish. But, this is also the so-called "Semitic" god name "BAAL" which is wrongly attributed to Semitic sources. It must be noted that the letter "L" has been intentionally suppressed from this Turkish expressions in order to make it a word of the so-called "Egyptian", that is, "Gypsy" language.
Turkish TANRI means "god" and "GOD" has been personified as a "man", that is, Turkish "ER", and "MEN" (BEN) meaning "myself, me, I".
8. The transliterated word bā, written hieroglyphically as , meaning "name of a god", [3, p. 212b], can also be read in Turkish as "BAL TANRI" meaning "Honey God". Turkish word BAL means "honey" and KURT (ARI) means "the bee". Of course, this is very much the so-called god-name "MELCART", that is, the Sky-God of the Phoenicians, who were also Turkish speaking Tur/Turk/Oguz peoples that had no relation to the "Semitics" other than being neighbors. Of course, in an alternative meaning, the name MELKART (BAL KURDU) means the "The Honey Bee" . The Turkish wordBAL meaning "honey" has been stolen into IE and Semitic word "MEL, MIEL" meaning "honey.
9. Rā, written hieroglyphically as , , , , meaning "the sun, the day", [3, p. 417b]. In ancient times, mythologically and metaphorically, all deities including the sun and the moon were personified as "man" or "woman". As such, these hieroglyphic words can be read in Turkish, as:
9a. , "ER AL GÖZ BIR" (BIR AL GÖZ ER) meaning "one red-eye man" which is a description of the personified "sun" as a "man". Similarly, it is also the Turkish expression "ER ALA GÖZ BIR" (BIR ALA GÖZ ER) meaning "One spotted-eye man". Thus, it is also a description of the"eye" of man which is "a centrally coloured-white-disk". Such an eye is also described as "ALA GÖZ" in Turkish. So too, the deified moon is an "alagöz", that, is, a "spotted eye". Thus, the hieroglyphic text does not read Rā. Reducing the text to Rā does not only suppress the letter "L", but it also erases the Turkic identity of this ancient word.
9b. , "ER AL GÖZ" meaning "Red-Eye Man" which is a description of the personified sun. Or "Man with Red-Eye" which would describe the Sky-god whose eye is the red hot sun.
9c. , "ER AL KÖZ" meaning "Glowing Red-Fire Man" which is a description of the personified sun.
9d. , "ER AL GUZ" (ER AL OGUZ) meaning "the Red Oguz Man" which is a description of the Oguz/Tur/Turk man who believed in the above described concepts of Sky-God, Sun-gos and Moon-god. It must be because of this definition that the the ancient sun believing peoples colored their bodies with red ocre. Since Sun was also a "Red Head", that is, "AL BAŞ, AL TEPE" in Turkish, they were also called ALBAŞ, KIZILBAŞ, ALEVI, ALÖYÜ for which reason they wore a read head band, red crown, red head-dress as a symbol of their Sun-God belief.
9e. , "GÖZ BIR" meaning "One Eye" and/or "BIRINCI GÖZ" meaning "the number-One Eye" which is a description of the sun - which is also"GÜN" in Turkish. Turkish word "GÜN" means "Sun" or "day". Additionally, this hieroglyphic sign also reads in Turkish as "KÖZ BIR" meaning "One glowing fire" and/or "BIRINCI KÖZ" meaning "the number-One Glowing fire" which is again a description of the sun.
9f. , "GÖZ" meaning "Eye". Additionally, it is metaphorically the"Sun" and the "moon" which were reagarded as the "eyes" of God by the ancient Masarians. Furthermore, is a symbol of the Turkish word "KÖZ" meaning "glowing red hot fire" which also described by the Turkish word "GÜNEŞ"(GÜN + IŞU), that is, "sun + light".
Thus, the term Rā is not a truthful representation or transliteration of the concept that it represents. Rather, it is a shortened form of all these descriptions in Turkish, but with the omission of the letter "L". Thus, this arbitrary selection of the term Rā that does not show the "L" content, that is, "Er Al Göz" content, obliterates the fact that the ancient Masarian language was in Turkish and it was Turanian.
10. bāh, written hieroglyphically as , meaning "the god of the Nile-flood", [3, p. 213a]. We must note that the letter "L" has been suppressed in this transliteration as well. In this writing, the signs and are determinatives. The first sign is indicative of the watery area which the flood of River Nile creates. Heron or heron like birds are the attendants of such areas since they find fish in such areas readily. The last sign is the indication that this is a word related to a "god" concept. Similar entries are also given as follows:
11. bāh, written hieroglyphically as , or , meaning "to be abundant", [3, p. 213a]. Again the letter "L" has been omitted. Yet, with the presence of L, the writing can be read in Turkish as "BOL" meaning "plenty, abundant", or "BOLUG" (BOLLUK) meaning"abundance, plenty of all things". So, this so-called "Egyptian" word is actually a Turkish word but its letter "L" has been intentionally suppressed. With this omission, these very ancient Turkish words in the ancient "Egyptian" language have become unrecognizable as Turkish. Its transliteration in the form of bolh orbalh would have been the correct one. The referred abundancy is expected, because when the Nile floods, it also brings a fresh layer of silt with it which covers all the land area it floods. This in turn provides a very fertile land for the growth of agricultural products and hence for plentiful harvesting.
I used the letter G to represent Turkish glottoral G - represented by the sign .
Similarly, the hieroglyphic writing with a "fish" determinative, can be read in Turkish as "B-ALU-G", that is, "BALUG" (BALIK) meaning"fish". Its transliteration based on the consonants alone, in the form of balh rather tahn bāh would have been the correct one. Without the "L" content this Masarian word loses its Turkish identity. Thus, its overall aim is to knowingly remove this very ancient and world-wide civilization of the ancient Turanian Tur/Turk/Oguz peoples in MASAR (MISIR, so-called "Egypt) from the memory of the world public. How unfortunate that the scholars, who are supposed to be neutral and report only the truth, have not been truthful when reporting anything related to the ancient Turanian world. It appears that a conspiracy against the Turanian people and their language and their civilization has been carried out continuously for thousands of years.
It is known that the flooded areas by the Nile are used for agriculture. With this, I would like to bring to your attention the fact that the term "agriculture" and its other derivatives are also usurped from Turkish. This we see when the English term AGRICULTURAL is rearranged letter-by-letter as "R-TARLACILUGU". In this form, w efind that it is the Turkish expression "ER TARLACILUGU" meaning "agricultural occupation of man in the fields", "man farming the fields", "it is man's working the fields." So, this so-called "English " word AGRICULTURAL has also been usurped from Turkish by way of restructuring Turkish words and phrases into alien formats. This is again another evidence that the so-called indo-European languages have been manufactured from Turkish contrary to denial by the establishment. With this kind of linguistic activity carried on on behalf of the "European" languages, one is forced to think that those who usurped Turkish language to make new languages for themselves, also spent extra-special effort to wipe away that mother/father civilization from the history as well. Evidently, in this they have been quite successful by spreading misinformation and vilification.
In my analysis of the term AGRICULTURAL above, Turkish word TARLA means "field" where agricultural work is done, TARLACI means "farmer", 'TARLACILUG" (TARLACILIK) means "agriculturral work, agriculture", and "ER TARLACILUGU" means "man's agricultural work".
12. bāh-t, written hieroglyphically as and meaning "an abundant food supply, bounty, abundance", [3, p. 213b]. This hieroglyphic text also has an "L" in it that was not brought forward in the transliteration. When we include the "L" in the transliteration, it can be read in Turkish as "BOLUGTU (BOLLUGTU) meaning "it is abundant food supply, it is plenty, it is bounty, it is abundance". Thus, it is a word of Turkish origin, but somehow an essential letter of it, that is, the letter L, was suppressed in transliterating the word. The transliteration bāh-t corresponds to the portion of the original text . The rest is the determinative. The letter "L" has been unquestionably suppressed. Its transliteration in the form of bolh-t would have been the correct one.
13. bāh-t, written hieroglyphically as , meaning "an abundant harvest", [3, p.213b]. This hieroglyphic text also can be read in Turkish as "BOLLUG" (BOLLUK) nmeaning "abundance, being plenty". Again, with the presence of the letter "L", we find excellent correspondence between the Turkish language and the so-called "Egyptian" language. The letter "L" was suppressed. Its transliteration in the form of bolh-t would have been the correct one.
14. Khā-mut-f, written hieroglyphically as , meaning "a name or title of Amen", [3, p. 535b]. AMEN was the universal Sky-God of ancient Masar (Misir). The name AMEN was a name of the universal sky-god in ancient Masar.
With the presence of the letter "L", this hieroglyphic writing reads in Turkish as "AGA ALAMTU EFE" (EFE AGA ALEMDU) meaning "Man is the Lord of the universe" which is a double-meaning expression: In one hand it describes the universal sky-god concept related to God AMEN, and in the other, it describes"man" as the "lord of the world and/or the universe". Thus, its transliteration as Khā-mut-f is not correct. It should have been Kha-al-mut-f.
Turkish ALAM (ALEM) means "world, universe", [4, p. 46], ALAMTU (ALEMDI) means "it is the universe", AGA means "Lord", EFE means "fearless young man".
The hieroglyphic signs:
reads "AGA" meaning "Lord",
reads "AL", i.e., its phonetic value. This provides the letter "L" to this hieroglyphic writing.
a determinative indicating book,
reads "MUT" or "M", i.e., its phonetic value,
reads "T" or "TI" (DI, DIR), its syllabic phonetic value. This is the Turkish suffix TI, TU, DI, DU, TUR, DUR meaning "it is". It makes the Turkish expression an expression that defines a concept.
reads "F" or "eFe", i.e., its phonetic value. Turkish EFE (Zeybek) means "fearless young man, elder brother, protector brother" and in the form of "EFENDI" means "prince, gentleman, master", [4, p. 326]. In ancient Masarian it stands for "masculinity, manhood",
is the sign for goddess so-called Maat but in actuality should read as goddess Mealdi. It is a determinative here.
15. āa, written hieroglyphically as meaning "a great person, chief, officer, governor, noble, a great god as opposed to a little god", [3, p. 108]. This hieroglyphic text can be read in Turkish as "AGA ULU" (ULU AGA) meaning "Great Lord, a great person, chief, officer, governor, noble, a great god as opposed to a little god" . Turkish AGA means "Lord" and "ULU" means "great". Again we see that the letter L was suppressed and the resulting transliteration alienated from Turkish. The transliteration in the form of ha-al would have been the correct one.
16. Per-āa, written hieroglyphically as meaning "great house," i.e., palace; Pharaoh", [3, p. 238a]. But this hieroglyphic writing can be read in Turkish as "ÖY-AGA-AL" (AL-AGA ÖY) meaning "Red-Lord House" - which is a "great house" and most likely "a palace". Particularly, when the Lord is a "god" such as a "Pharaoh" (PERU) who claims to be GOD (i.e., Turkish "PIR-O" or Masarian "PERU"), then, his house would be the "first most visible house" in town which is the "palace" or the "great house". So again this text is in Turkish and the letter "L" was suppresed in order to alienate the word from Turkish. Furthermore, in this transliteration, they are giving the impression that the hieroglyphic sign has the phonetic value of "per" which is a total fallacy or deceit. This symbol represents a hoouse and has the phonetic value of Turkish "ÖY" or "EV" meaning "house, room, chamber". However, when it is written as or even as (last sign in vertical position), then, it has the meaning of "BIR ÖY" (BIR EV, BIRINCI EV) meaning "the First house" (palace, kings house). It must be noted that the names PERU and PEROY (BIR O and BIR ÖY) are very much the same text in hieroglyphic writing, i.e.,
Interestingly, Per-āa, is also written hieroglyphically as , , and with other variations again meaning "great house," i.e., palace; Pharaoh", [3, p. 238a]. We must note that the letter "L", that is, has been suppressed in them. The phonetic value of BIR (PER, PIR) is the value of the sign and of the sign , but not that of the sign . The way Egyptologists are presenting it, that is, with the phonetic value of "PER" given to the symbol is nothing but intentional misrepresentation and is intended to suppress the Turkish identity of this ancient language.
Another example of this misrepresentation is in the word for "Pharaoh" written as and transliterated as "Äa-perti", [3, p. 109a]. The PER syllable is coming from the first sign and not from . Actually, this text should read as "AL AGA BIRDI" meaning "The AL (red) Lord is One" or"The AL (red) Lord is the Only One" which is a description of not only the Sky-God but is also a description of the King or Pharaoh who claims to be the Sky-God. Thus, in these transliterations provided to us by the Egyptologists, we have been misinformed.
In this article, I described about sixteen unrelated ancient Masarian words and identified them as Turkish words. I showed that these Masarian words had the letter "L" in them, yet the "L" contents are missing from their Latin transliterations. By omitting the letter "L" in the transliteration of the ancient "Egyptian" (Masarian) words, the Turkic identity of this very ancient language and civilization has been intentionally obliterated from history.
The claim that there was no letter "L" in the ancient "Egyptian" (Masarian) language is a falsehood. As one goes through, for example, "The Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary" by Sir Wallis Budge, many words having the sign are found, but, the "L" is not pronounced in the Latin transliteration because it was somehow ignored.
The symbol represented by the sign, is a "hand" symbol and has the name "EL" in Turkish meaning "hand", like the English name of the letter "L". The fact that English letter "L" is pronounced "EL" somehow relates English "L" to Masarian which is the Turkish "EL" meaning "hand" - indicating that Turkish is again at the source.
Some transliterations of "hieroglyphic" writings seem to have problems. For example, the words which have , but the L content is ignored are problematic ones. The deciphering Egyptologists appear to be unaware of the fact that the ancient Masarian language was a form of Turkish. There may be two possible explanations for this. Either they honestly did not consider the ancient Masarian as beng Turkish - thinking that it was an unlikely possibility, or, they knew ancient Masarian was Turkish and they used Turkish to decipher the hierogyliphic writings but then used deception to hide that fact. One is forced to regard the second alternative as the more likely one. After all, I have shown with many examples that all European languages were manufactured from Turkish by way of anagrammatization - even though this fact has been kept a well-hidden secret. This omission of letter "L" from this very ancient language drastically alters its Turkish character. This alienation trick is similar to the one that they did in reading the Sumerian texts where the TUR name of God was replaced by "MAR", thus, eliminating some of the most important Turkish content from the Sumerian texts. There are many evidences that the Masarian and Sumerian languages were both Turanian languages and dialects of Turkish. The Turkishness of the ancient Masarian language, so-called "Egyptian", becomes more and more clear as one digs deeper.
1. Samuel A. B. Mercer, "The Handbook of EGYPTIAN HIEROGYLIPHS A Study of the
Ancient Language", Hippocrene Books, Inc, New York, 1993.
3. E. A. Wallis Budge, "An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary, Dover Publications, Inc., New York, 1978,.
4. Redhouse Turkish - English Dictionary, Redhouse Yayinevi, Istanbul, 1987.
Best wishes to all,