The Name TURK In Ancient History
By Polat Kaya
In the past and even presently, some people have been claimimg that the name TURK came onto the stage of history only recently. This is intentional disinformation designed to deceive and misdirect people! Contrary to all the denials, the ancient world was dominated by the Turanian Tur / Turk / Oguz peoples, their language and their civilization. But that Turanian world, which lasted for thousands of years, underwent an organized upheaval orchestrated by those who were against the Turanian supremacy. In that upheaval, world history was totally altered by creating new languages from the words and phrases of the one language that was spoken world-wide. That language was the monosyllabic and agglutinative language of Turkish which we find out from the decipherment of the words of some of the Indo-European and Semitic languages. The ancient world was then described with those newly ‘fabricated’ languages along with mythology and tall tales. Anything Turanian was denied, altered, alienated, obliterated and also looted by the organizers of the upheaval. Thus ancient history from the western point of view is a totally distorted, biased, Aryanized, Semitized and Romanized presentation. This upside down presentation of world history needs to be cleaned up and rewritten! Up to now, the world was not aware of this distorted situation.
After having said
this, I want to come back to the name TURK. After new languages were fabricated
by restructuring the names, words and phrases of an existing Turanian language
that the ancient world spoke - the names of the ancient Turanian peoples, their
language and their civilization were expressed with newly formatted names in the
fabricated new languages. Now the world is viewing a distorted picture of the
ancient past where nothing is in its original and authentic form. In this
upheaval, names such as TURK, TUR, OGUZ, SAKA (and many more Turanian names)
were altered into an unrecognizeable state or were totally erased from ancient
1) Let me start
with the English word TURKISH. The Turkish form of this is TÜRKÇE (TÜRKCHE).
TÜRKÇE is the Turkish word for the English word TURKISH. The Turkish word
TÜRKÇE (TÜRKCHE) consists of two parts, that is, “TURK” + “
2) Now let me go to the Greek word for TURK. The Greek word for the proper name of TURK is given as TOURKOS which is made up with “TURK” + “OOS”, that is, “TURK” + “OGUZ”. Both of these names are not only Turkish but they are also the ethnic names of the Turkish people - who are TURK people and OGUZ people at the same time. Historians and linguists should know these facts! But the fabricated Greek name TOURKOS has disfigured both the name TURK and the name OGUZ by combining them and restructuring them! These alterations are intentional.
3) I now come to the Latin term
I will examine this encrypted Latin word THRACUM. When the letters of the term THRACUM are rearranged as “TURCHAM”, we see that the Latin name THRACUM is really an altered form of the Turkish word TURKUM - meaning “I am Turk”. Finding this Turkish word TURKUM (describing the so-called Thracians) embedded in the Latin word THRACUM is not coincidence. Rather, it is due to the fact that somebody in the past intentionally fabricated this Latin word THRACUM from Turkish - and thus, not only disfigured the name TURK but also obliterated it! Under these circumstances, one cannot recognise the name TURK. Although TURK is embedded in Latin THRACUM, it is intentionally camouflaged to make it invisible.
4) Another form of the Latin name
5) Another variation is the Latin word THRACIUS meaning “thracian”. When the word THRACIUS is rearranged as “TURCHIS-A”, we see again that it is an altered form of the Turkish expression TÜRKÜZ meaning “we are Turks”. This unquestionably shows that the ancient THRACIANS were Turks.
6) The Roman Emperor Titus Manlius Imperiosus Torquatus held three consulships of republican Rome and was also three times Roman Dictator.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Manlius_Torquatus_(consul_347_BC)
One wonders who was this so-called Roman Dictator who took the name TORQUATUS. When we rearrange the name TORQUATUS letter-by-letter as “TURQ-OUS-TA”, we find that it is the altered form of the Turkish name TURK OGUZTU (TURK OGUZDU) meaning “he was TURK OGUZ”. So a three time Roman Emperor used the names TURK and OGUZ as his chosen kingly title and surname. Again this is not coincidence. It is intentional alteration of the Turkish identity and language! We must remember here that the Greek name TOURKOS was also made up from Turkish TURK + OUS meaning “Turk Oguz”.
7) The Arabs called Turks by the name “ETRAK”. One wonders why the proper national name TURK was changed into ETRAK? Why did it even need to be changed? Here we have a nation who calls itself by the name TURK, yet someone else comes along and says “I am not going to call you TURK. I am going to call you ETRAK”. Similarly, a Roman comes along and says “even though you are a TURK, I will call you THRAX”. There is no logic in this – but there is bias. We should note that both the Arab term ETRAK and the Roman term THRAX not only mean TURK - but they also both contain the name TURK in them.
8) I will now examine the Latin words TROICUS and TROIANUS - both meaning “the Trojan”, [Cassell’s Compact Latin-English English-Latin dictionary, 1962, p. 258].
When the letters of the term TROICUS are rearranged as “TURCOIS”, we see that the Latin name TROICUS is really an altered form of the Turkish word TÜRKÜZ - meaning “we are Turks”. So the name TURK is still present in ancient history, but someone has buried it out of sight!
9) Similarly, when the letters of the Roman term TROIANUS are rearranged as “TURANSI-O”, we see that the Latin name TROIANUS is really an altered form of the Turkish word TURANCI O - meaning “he is Turanian”.
Thus, we find that these two Romanized words identify the so-called TROJAN as TURK and TURANIAN. How is it that the so-called historians and linguists cannot see these? Is it because they are conditioned to not see the Turkishness of the ancient world?
10) I will also examine the Latin term TUSCI, or TUSCORUM, meaning “Etruscans” or “Tuscans”, [Cassell’s Compact Latin-English English-Latin dictionary, 1962, p. 259].
When the letters of the term TUSCORUM are rearranged as “OUS-TURCM”, we see that the Latin name TUSCORUM is really an altered form of the Turkish word “OGUZ TÜRKÜM” meaning “I am Oguz Turk”. This again not only identifies the names OGUZ and TURK in the middle of Europe, but also identifies the so-called ETRUSCAN peoples as being ethnic Turks who lived in central Italy at least during the first millennium B.C.
11) When the name ETRUSCAN is
rearranged as “AN-TURCES”, we find that ETRUSCAN is an altered form of the
Turkish expression “AN TÜRKİZ”
(GÖK TÜRKİZ) meaning
“we are Sky Turks”. Thus, whichever way we examine the Etruscans, we find that
they were Turks - contrary to denials. And the Etruscans and their ancestors
12) In my PELASGIAN paper, I discussed the name Scamander (Skamandrius / Skamandrios) of the House of Troy and Dardania. I showed that the name SCAMANDER had the meanings of:
b) "MEN SAKA'DiR" meaning "I am SAKA", "I am Saka Turks" and "I am Sea People", that is, I am the Lord of the Seas!
c) "DENiZCi EREM" meaning "I am sea-going man".
Furthermore, I showed that the name SCAMANDRIUS, in another meaning, had embedded in it the Turkish expression "AS-DURKMANIS" (AS TURKMANİZ / BİR TÜRKMENİZ) meaning "we are one/peerless Turkman", "we are one Turk people". Here again we find the name TURK buried deep down in the name SCAMANDRIUS. This also shows that the name Turk was older than the name SAKA.These Aryanized ancient names show that some people had a strong bias against the name TURK! So they suppressed the name Turk.
13) In my paper regarding the
PELASGIANS, I also discussed the name TEUCER, that is, the son of Scamander, the
first king of the house of
Even the name of the king ERICHTHONIUS of the House of Troy and Dardania (Tatar Öyü), who is said to be the richest man on earth, embeds the Turkish expression “EYI TURK HANIZ” meaning “we are the good Turk Lords”.
14) The Chinese called the Turks by
the name “TU-CHUEH” that is to say “Gök
Türks” or TUKU meaning “Turks”, [“A
History of China” by Wolfram Eberhard – (of the University of California), 1969,
p. 149-151]. We are told that in Chinese, somehow the letter R can not be
pronounced by the Chinese people and therefore it is not voiced. Therefore, R
is a silent letter and not used. So we see that even in Chinese, there has been
a suppression of the name TURK. When the missing letter R is reinserted back in
to the name TU-CHUEH”, it becomes TURCHUEH (TURKUEH) meaning “SkyTurk”.
Similarly, when the letter R is reinserted into the name TU-KU, we get the name
The so-called Yang-Shao
culture found in
15) Let me also point out two more
words: The English word GOLDEN means “made of gold” or “gold like”. This is
curious because when the word GOLDEN is examined as “G + OLDEN”, we find that
the last part of the name “OLDEN” is actually the altered form of the Turkish
word “ALTUN” meaning “gold”. So this so-called word GOLDEN is another
fabricated word taken from Turkish and camouflaged as an English word! Note that
if the supposedly root word
16) Finally there is the English word WOODEN meaning “made of wood”. Curiously, even this word WOODEN is also fabricated from the Turkish word “ODUN” meaning “wood”. Again note that if the supposedly root word WOOD is examined, the Turkish source word ODUN is not visible - because WOOD is not the root of WOODEN. Rather, Turkish ODUN is the root of English word WOODEN!
To conclude, it can be said that in the ancient world, some groups were very parasitic towards the Turanian peoples and their civilization. These secretive groups would first infiltrate the Turanian ruling system by befriending them. Then, at the oppurtune time, they would strike from within and take over the Turanian house and claim everything there as their own. At the same time, they would suppress the remaining Turanian peoples, change their Turk identity, their names and religion and then claim them as people not known. For example, this was done to the Turko-Sumerians by the Akkadians some 3500 years ago. Now the world says “we don’t know who the Sumerians were”. The same thing happened to the so-called Egyptians, and the Caananites, and the Anatolians, and the Pelasgians and the Etruscans, etc..
Those Turanians who resisted these alterations and suppressions lost their lives – and thus came to be the so-called Latin term “tyrannicida”, that is, “tyrannicide” which actually means “killing the Turanians”.
Spreading new religions againts the most ancient Sky-God, Sun-God and Moon-God religion of the ancient Turanians was carried out with intense hatred and forceful violence by the invaders. When it was resisted the result was the extermination of the resisting people. They were putdown by derogatory terms such as “Paganus” meaning one who is neither a Christian, a Jew, or a Moslem; one who is a heathen, a rural villager, [Britanica Wold Language Dictionary, 1963, p. 906]. With all of this anti-Turan propaganda being spread around by the religious missionaries, of course the name TURK was altered and suppressed. Even as late as the 1980s, Turks of Bulgaria were being forced to change their names into Christian names.
Similar propaganda games are still being perpetrated against the Turks by “scholarly” sounding publications that are full of sophistry. For instance, there are papers identifying ethnic Turks as Kurds (Kürt) - as if they were ethnically Aryan people who speak an Indo-European or Aryan language – yet this Kurdish language is known to have been artificially constructed by the missionaries.
These “research” papers conveniently find all kinds of references to the name KÜRT (KURD) but no references to the name TÜRK. And then, the name TÜRK is labelled as “problematic” – because they cannot find examples of it in ancient sources. Yet they cannot remember that the name TURK either has been altered or removed from the ancient writings.
So I say, let no one claim that the name TURK is historically problematic. It is the Indo-European and Semitic languages that are problematic since they are not authentic - because they were systematically fabricated from ancient Turkish! Evidently, these later languages were made to divide, confuse and obliterate the ancient Turanian world (see GENESIS 11) while looting everything Turanian! It is they that have a whole lot of explaining to do!